|FAQs||Proposed Ordinance||Why You Need It||Current RBOs In Use|
proposed responsible bidder ordinanceResponsible bidder for construction contracts means a bidder who meets all of the following applicable criteria and submits evidence or such compliance:
- All applicable laws prerequisite to doing business in Illinois.
- Evidences of compliance with:
- Federal Employer Tax Identification Number;
- Illinois Department of Revenue registration;
- Monthly or quarterly reports of the Illinois Department of Employment Security Registration;
- The Americans with Disabilities Act;
- Equal Opportunity Employer provisions.
- Certificates of insurance indicating the following coverage: general liability, workers’ compensation, completed operations, hazardous occupation, and professional liability.
- The provision of or participation in a medical and hospitalization benefit program for employees, the premium, cost, or contribution rate and benefit configuration to be no less than the required amount under the Illinois Prevailing Wage Act.
- The provision of or participation in a pension or retirement benefit program for employees, the contribution rate not less than the required amount under the Illinois Prevailing Wage Act. Apprenticeship and training with craft specific programs approved and registered with the United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Apprenticeship and Training.
For more information, call the Midwest Regional Foundation for Fair Contracting at 217.789.6996